Vision: In obedience to biblical mandates for the local church, The Journey will challenge every individual and family to sacrificially serve orphans and foster families.
Did you know there are typically 325-400 orphans in the Austin area? James 1:27 tells us that God’s view of true Christianity is to look after orphans and widows in their distress.
At the Journey, we have the vision of having a big positive impact in every aspect of caring for orphans including:
- Providing child care at The Journey so foster parents can have a night out
- Equipping families to provide child care for a foster parent weekend getaway
- Providing training for people who want to become advocates for orphans
- Helping families through the process of foster care and adoption
Ways you can help
You can make a significant impact just by making yourself available for participating in our Foster Parent Night Out events where we take care of kids for a few hours at The Journey to enable their foster parents to have a night out. There is no training required. We have ongoing opportunities to do this– just join us the fourth Friday evening of every month from 6:00 – 9:30 pm at The Journey!
Training for short-term foster childcare is available
If you are interested in being trained, contact:
- Lonnie Wendling: 865-209-8798 / email@example.com
- Cindy Wendling: 865-207-5859 / firstname.lastname@example.org